Well, I finally have some time to sit down and blog a bit! So here we go...
I have been exhausted this week! Trying to adjust to my new schedule. I started Monday with waking up at 4:20 Monday-Friday to go to the YMCA. Mondays and Wednesdays still Spin classes and Fridays Power Hour. Tuesdays and Thursdays are strength training and 20 minutes of cardio that follows. I finally decided that my body is ready and NEEDS strength training to help me lose the rest of my weight and inches. I was training so much for my races but, now racing season is slowing down a bit and will continue to throughout the summer. I decided that this is the time to add this into my schedule before races pick back up gain in September. I still have a couple more races before the summer though. It is hard getting up each morning expecially now that I do not even have one day to sleep in. Even the weekends are busy with Saturday 2 hour bootcamp at the YMCA and Sunday church.I am really looking forward to Mothers Day...that is all I want is a day to sleep in and wake up on my own and to have a nice long shower or just a shower is fine! The little things that make you happy after becoming a FULL TIME mother! :)
I have been doing some new reading...Kara Goucher's new book (Olympic Distance Runner) Running For Women...From First Steps to Marathons and also Jillian Michael's UNLIMITED! Both are great reads and very motivating!
Bathing suit season is fastly approaching! Yuck the worst season of all and I hate putting on swimsuits, although I LOVE swimming! I will be out searching at the end of May for a new swimsuit so WATCH OUT...not my favorite time and sometimes (ok most of the time) it puts me in a bad mood! So if you are in a dressing room in Savannah and hear huffing, puffing and some not so nice words...look out!
So speaking of swim suits...today I start my No Fast Food Pledge! I have pledged to not eat fast food and I am going to start a count. Cheer me on and join me to take another step to being healthier and living longer!
I will be cooking many new recipes this week including:
Mexican Lasagna
SlowCooker Chicken
Breakfast Fritta
Scallops and Cauliflower Mash
Salmon with Honey Mustard and Sweet Potato with Coconut Oil
Paleo Pizza
Baked Chicken Parmesan
Kicken Chicken Tortilla Soup
I am going to give them all a try and when I get a good dish I will post it for all to try!
Talk to you all later in the week!
No comments:
Post a Comment