The race started a half hour late. Everyone was ready to go at 8:00 and they made a mistake and it started at 8:30...not a great starte for everyone who was all warmed up ready to go! The temperature that day was 92 and the humidity was ridiculous! The sargent of the military base mad the course and it was through the woods on a (what they called ) trail. There were tree branches sand, small holes/ditches to jump, and just craziness! Some was on a path but not much! I joints and muscles were a little ssore when I woke up but, it was not too bad until I started running in the heat! I did not beat my last race time but I was glad to finish and a pretty good time for what I had to tackle! :) So here is a little of the race day to share...
Of Course I had to get a picture with my Lucky Charm!
Here I am warming up before the race!
Since we received hats instead of tee shirts I had to make a sign to pin to my tank top!

Cheryl "Granny Grayson" came out to support me in the race. She was my paraprofessional while I worked with Elijah!
Here we go all lined up!
Star Spangled Banner before the Start!

Off we go into the woods...
Never thought I would make it out but, here I come!
Through the finish line at 35:09!
So glad to be done...look at that sweat!
Group picture at the end of all the runners!
Since we received hats instead of tee shirts I had to make a sign to pin to my tank top!
Cheryl "Granny Grayson" came out to support me in the race. She was my paraprofessional while I worked with Elijah!
No comments:
Post a Comment